Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Tuesday Tidbits: MUG SHOTS


Look at my two new mugs!



I rewarded myself with these two new tea mugs. When I complete work tasks like finish writing a novel or novella and turn it in, complete an edit or proofread, or complete some other large writing task, I write it down and give myself permission to reward myself with something. Already this year, two of my regular mugs that I use to drink my tea broke. I poured hot water in them and snap, they popped. So, for a recent edit I completed, I bought myself two new mugs. I love the big ones. The glitter mug is really big. The biggest I have. I love it!

Now where to put these big beauties.

Any time I move, the new place doesn't fit our stuff the same. The place we recently moved to has a pocket-sized kitchen. I keep rearranging the cupboards for maximum storage. So far everything I've tried hasn't been satisfying.

I have this metal baker's rack that I thought would work great to hang some mugs from. Since we're renting, I didn't want to make holes in the bottom of the cupboards for hooks to hang mugs. I had a difficult time locating "S" style hooks that would work for both the rack and the mugs and that weren't too expensive.

I finally found these. 


Regular plain, cheap shower curtain hooks. I bought a package of 12 for 97 cents. WooHoo! They were a little long as I suspected they would be. But with a couple of pliers, I turned them into these.


I put them on my baker's rack and hung some mugs from them.


They work great. And then I could put my collection of teas out on the shelf as well.


I was having a terrible time getting to my teas all crammed in a cupboard piled on top of each other. It was miserable. I think I'm going to like this much better. And it frees up some cupboard space for other dishes.

If you've noticed my new mugs are missing from this picture, that's because they are both dirty. I doubt that either of them will spend much time sitting on the baker's rack or hanging around.

=0)

COMING SOON!

Book 2 in the Quilting Circle series, THE DAUGHTER'S PREDICAMENT

NEW!
Love Is One of Life’s Greatest Adventures 
Seven daring damsels don’t let the norms of their eras hold them back. Along the way these women attract the attention of men who admire their bravery and determination, but will they let love grow out of the adventures?

Zola’s Cross-Country Adventure, a 1904 road-trip
Zola Calkin sets out on an adventure to be the first woman to drive across the country. Will the journalist tasked to report her presumed failure sabotage her efforts? Or will he steal her heart?

Released December 1, 2018

COURTING HER PRODIGAL HEART
Mother-to-Be’s Amish Homecoming... Pregnant and alone, Dori Bontrager is sure her Amish kin won’t welcome her—or the child she’s carrying—into the community. And she’s determined that her return won’t be permanent. As soon as she finds work, she’ll leave again. But with her childhood friend Eli Hochstetler insisting she and her baby belong here, will Dori’s path lead back to the Englisher world…or into Eli’s arms?
(Book 3 in the Prodigal Daughters series released January 1, 2019)




RECENT!
THE WIDOW'S PLIGHT ~ A sweet historical romance that will tug at your heart. This is book 1 in the Quilting Circle series.
Washington State, 1893
     When Lily Lexington Bremmer arrives in Kamola with her young son, she’s reluctant to join the social center of her new community, the quilting circle, but the friendly ladies pull her in. She begins piecing a sunshine and shadows quilt because it mirrors her life. She has a secret that lurks in the shadows and hopes it doesn’t come out into the light. Dark places in her past are best forgotten, but her new life is full of sunshine. Will her secrets cast shadows on her bright future?
     Widower Edric Hammond and his father are doing their best to raise his two young daughters. He meets Lily and her son when they arrive in  town and helps her find a job and a place to live. Lily resists Edric’s charms at first but finds herself falling in love with this kind, gentle man and his two darling daughters. Lily has stolen his heart with her first warm smile, but he’s cautious about bringing another woman into his girls’ lives due to the harshness of their own mother.
     Can Edric forgive Lily her past to take hold of a promising chance at love?

THE WIDOW'S PLIGHT is now available in ebook and paperback.

#ChristianRomance #HistoricalRomance #Romance

MARY DAVIS s a bestselling, award-winning novelist of over two dozen titles in both historical and contemporary themes. Her 2018 titles include; "Holly and Ivy" in A Bouquet of Brides Collection (January), Courting Her Amish Heart (March), The Widow’s Plight (July), Courting Her Secret Heart (September), “Zola’s Cross-Country Adventure” in The MISSAdventure Brides Collection (December), and Courting Her Prodigal Heart (January 2019). She is a member of ACFW and active in critique groups.
Mary lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband of over thirty-four years and two cats. She has three adult children and two incredibly adorable grandchildren. Find her online at:

No comments:

Tuesday Tidbits: GARDEN NEWS & REMINDER

Once again, I’m going to try to grow a vegetable/fruit garden. I think I’m a glutton for punishment, but I was excited that my feeble attemp...