Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Tuesday Tidbit: CHANGE OF PLANS

We’ve had a few days in the upper 80s, so I wanted to clean our yard furniture cushions so we can enjoy outside.


When I removed the fabric portion, I could tell they were a bit brittle. But I didn’t want to leave them dirty from being outside. Knowing they would likely spread a little, I put the covers in the washing machine anyway. I figured I would rather have them a little tattered but clean rather than dirty.

One turned out all right, but the others shredded more than I expected.


 

I didn’t feel like sewing covers because I didn’t want to mess with getting them to fit well. I figured if I could locate some knit fabric, I could make simple covers by cutting fringe and tying knots. I had some fabric in mind, but I couldn’t find it. After I digging around in a few boxed I located a suitable knit fabric that had enough yardage for all four cushions.



I cut circles several inches bigger than the cushions all the way around.
 

Then I made cuts an inch-ish apart all the way around.


Then I tied one top strip with the one below it. I did this about half of the way around.


Then I slipped the cushion inside and finished tying the strips to close up the covering.

 



They are just what I was looking for.



Though I wouldn’t have normally chosen this bright blue because our umbrella is green, they turned out cuter than I thought. These will stay inside except when we are sitting on them outside.

I’m participating in a FB author party on Friday, May 15th, with 7 other authors. I would love for you to stop by and join the fun! There are many opportunities to win books.
https://www.facebook.com/events/914228729002686/?active_tab=discussion
I’ll be giving away Kindle copies of The Damsel’s Intent that releases June 1, 2020.


The Quilting Circle series: Historical
romances stitched together with friendship and love.
COMING SOON!!! Book 3 THE DAMSEL’S INTENT releasing June 1, 2020
A hermit comes down from the mountains to snag a husband. #TheDamselsIntent
AND Book 1 will be coming out in audio format SOON!
Book 1 THE WIDOW’S PLIGHT
FREE Preview: http://a.co/1riJfrA
A single mother steps out of the shadows of abuse and into the sunshine. But will a secret clouding her past cost her the man she loves? Get it here for FREE on Kindle Unlimited or Kindle to buy for $4.99 or paperback for $12.99: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CV4XDLH/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_XaM.DbMKBGBG1
#TheWidowsPlight
Book 2 THE DAUGHTER’S PREDICAMENT
FREE Preview: http://a.co/4UXlRN5
Can a patient love win her heart? Or will a forced marriage be the end of her romantic dreams? Get it here for FREE on Kindle Unlimited or Kindle to buy for $3.99 or paperback for $12.99: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NQZVNWY/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_WcM.DbRBRKVQ9
#TheDaughtersPredicament

#ChristianRomance #HistoricalRomance #Romance

MARY DAVIS s a bestselling, award-winning novelist of over two dozen titles in both historical and contemporary themes. Her 2018 titles include; "Holly and Ivy" in A Bouquet of Brides CollectionCourting Her Amish HeartThe Widow’s PlightCourting Her Secret Heart , “Zola’s Cross-Country Adventure” in The MISSAdventure Brides Collection , and Courting Her Prodigal Heart . 2019 titles include The Daughter's Predicament and "Bygones" in Thimbles and Threads. She is a member of ACFW and active in critique groups.
Mary lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband of over thirty-five years and two cats. She has three adult children and two incredibly adorable grandchildren. Find her online at:

No comments:

Tuesday Tidbits: GARDEN NEWS & REMINDER

Once again, I’m going to try to grow a vegetable/fruit garden. I think I’m a glutton for punishment, but I was excited that my feeble attemp...