Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Tuesday Tidbits: Ahhhhh!

I’m pondered the topic of renewal.

I have been through many back-to-back seasons of mega trials and setback over the past decade. Sheltering-in and COVID being the very least of them, a non-event in comparison. As the restrictions are being lifted and people start venturing out, I’m picturing the colorful inhabitants of Munchinland when Glinda the Good Witch tells them all that it’s safe because the wicked witch is dead, and they all start coming out from all manner of places, first cautiously, then with singing, dancing, and a parade.

 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RHsb9LnD9Q


Here are some things I find that renew and refresh me.

~Prayer – Refreshes and renews the spirit.

~Food – When you have low blood sugar, there is nothing like food to renew. One of my favorites are fruits, especially cherries, grapes, and berries.




~Music – When agitated or mad, praise music can calm, refocus and renew.

~Crafts – I love doing things with my hands. The act of doing something creative with my hands helps unlock and renew my writing world.



~Writing – One of the most renewing things to my writing is writing. When a scene just flows and seems to write itself, I am renewed from the previous day’s writing struggles.

~Reading – Brings new story ideas or gives an insight into an existing story or character.

~Cats – Just sitting with one of my cats sitting on my lap purring (the cat, not me) is renewing. Or cracking up at watching them run around acting like total spazzes over a twisty-tie. Cats are so weird. I love them.



~Daydreaming – Letting currents characters run wild in scenes that will never be in the book, or meeting new characters and spending time with them.

~A new story idea – Maybe that is not so much renewing as energizing.



~A deep slow breath – Ah, that feels good.

~Sips of cool water — Refreshing.

~Finally, one thing that renews like no other and is the foundation of the others is SLEEP. Pure, restful, deep, carefree sleep. Zzzzzz.



May you be renewed and refreshed.



THE DAMSEL’S INTENT (The Quilting Circle Book 3) #TheDamselsIntent #HistoricalRomance #FreeKU #KU #ChristianRomance
Can Nicole learn to be enough of a lady to snag the handsome rancher?
   Nicole Waterby heads down the mountain to fetch herself a husband, not realizing women don’t wear trousers or carry a gun. She has a lot to learn. Rancher Shane Keegan has drifted from one location to another to find a place to belong. When Nicole crosses his path, he wonders if he can have love, but he soon realizes she’s destined for someone better than a saddle tramp. Will love stand a chance while both Nicole and Shane try to be people they’re not?

Free on Kindle Unlimited, or $2.99 to buy ebook.
FREE PREVIEW: https://a.co/7xbqxVk 


Also in THE QUILTING CIRCLE SERIES (Available in ebook and paperback)
#TheWidowsPlight – A single mother steps out of the shadows of abuse and into the sunshine. But will a secret clouding her past cost her the man she loves? (Now available in audio)
#TheDaughtersPredicament – As Isabelle’s romance prospects are turning in her favor, a family scandal derails her dreams. (Coming to audio soon)


MARY DAVIS s a bestselling, award-winning novelist of over two dozen titles in both historical and contemporary themes. Her 2018 titles include; "Holly and Ivy" in A Bouquet of Brides CollectionCourting Her Amish HeartThe Widow’s PlightCourting Her Secret Heart , “Zola’s Cross-Country Adventure” in The MISSAdventure Brides Collection , and Courting Her Prodigal Heart . 2019 titles include The Daughter's Predicament and "Bygones" in Thimbles and Threads. She is a member of ACFW and active in critique groups.
Mary lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband of over thirty-five years and two cats. She has three adult children and two incredibly adorable grandchildren. Find her online at:







No comments:

Tuesday Tidbits: GARDEN NEWS & REMINDER

Once again, I’m going to try to grow a vegetable/fruit garden. I think I’m a glutton for punishment, but I was excited that my feeble attemp...