Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Tuesday Tidbits: NEW CHRISTMAS MASKS!

Who is tired of wearing a face mask?

ME!

Since masks are necessary these days and I’m bored with my current T-shirt knit masks, I thought I would make a few new ones.

 

On YouTube, I saw where people make masks out of all sorts of things. One that piqued my interest is a no-sew style made out of socks. So in the holiday spirit, I purchased a pair of Christmas socks from Dollar Tree.


How cute will that kitty cat look on my face?
 
I want to try a couple of different ones and see how they turn out. They might be total failures, but for a buck, they are worth a try.

Attempt #1

In the above image, you can see where I cut the sock off at the heel.


Then I cut off the top and cut up the middle of one of the kitty faces. I laid it flat and cut about a four inch opening about a half inch from the edge for ear holes.


I left the bottom and top long so I could fold them in to create a filter “pocket” if I want to use one.

Attempt #2


Then with he foot part I made another mask. I cut off the green toe part but left on the heel part to see if that would work for going over the nose. I cut up the top of the foot piece and cut ear holes.

Here are the results.


On the inside of the kitty one, the top and bottom that were folded in and curled. I didnt like the way that felt on under my nose and on my mouth. On the next one, though the heel worked for going over the nose and had the swoop under the eyes, there was no way I wanted to walk around with a big green nose. But the straight red and white striped pushed up under my eyes too much, so I cut curves down for under the eyes. Much better.

Attempt #3

This one is with a shorter sock.


I cut off the toe and heel. I cut up one side, but I left the top band on to see how that would work. I cut ear holes on both the top snowman part and the poinsettia part. I left that lower part again for a filter holder if I wanted to use one.


The band from the top of the sock caused too much tension and the ear bands pulled off my ears. Like I did with the red and white striped one, I cut curves under the eyes. I did leave a little of the band over the nose for more coverage. And this mask is reversible. I can wear the poinsettias on the outside.
 

Conclusion:

I’m counting this as a success. It was fun! And simple. I love to sew, but I like that these are no-sew. I plan to make a few more with a winter theme but not Christmas for January and February.


THIMBLES AND THREADS: 4 Love Stories Are Quilted Into Broken Lives

Love Stitched into Four Women’s Lives
Enjoy four historical romances that celebrate the arts of sewing and quilting. When four women put needle and thread to fabric, will their talents lead to love? #thimblesandthreadscollection
Click HERE to order yours today.
FREE Preview
#thimblesandthreadscollection
“Bygones” by Mary Davis (1st Place 2020 Selah Awards winner)
Texas, 1884
Drawn to the new orphan boy in town, Tilly Rockford soon became the unfortunate victim of a lot of Orion Dunbar’s mischievous deeds in school. Can Tilly figure out how to truly forgive the one who made her childhood unbearable? Now she doesn’t even know she holds his heart. Can this deviant orphan-train boy turned man make up for the misdeeds of his youth and win Tilly’s heart before another man steals her away?

Other stories in this collection:
“The Bridal Shop” by Grace Hitchcock, “Mending Sarah’s Heart” by Suzanne Norquist, and “Binding Up Wounds” by Liz Tolsma


Book 2 THE DAUGHTER'S PREDICAMENT (2nd Place 2020 Selah Awards winner)
FREE Preview of eBook: http://a.co/4UXlRN5
Can a patient love win her heart? Or will a forced marriage be the end of her romantic dreams? Get it here for FREE on Kindle Unlimited or Kindle to buy for $3.99 or paperback for $12.99: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NQZVNWY/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_WcM.DbRBRKVQ9
#TheDaughtersPredicament
 
#ChristianRomance #HistoricalRomance #Romance

MARY DAVIS is a bestselling, award-winning novelist of over two dozen titles in both historical and contemporary themes. Her latest release is THE DAMSEL’S INTENT (The Quilting Circle Book 3). The Quilting Circle Book 4, The Dèbutante's Secret, will release August of 2021. Her 2018 titles include; "Holly and Ivy" in A Bouquet of Brides CollectionCourting Her Amish HeartThe Widow’s PlightCourting Her Secret Heart , “Zola’s Cross-Country Adventure” in The MISSAdventure Brides Collection , and Courting Her Prodigal Heart . 2019 titles include The Daughter's Predicament and "Bygones" in Thimbles and Threads. She is a member of ACFW and active in critique groups.
Mary lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband of over thirty-six years and one cat. She has three adult children and three incredibly adorable grandchildren. Find her online at:

No comments:

Tuesday Tidbits: GARDEN NEWS & REMINDER

Once again, I’m going to try to grow a vegetable/fruit garden. I think I’m a glutton for punishment, but I was excited that my feeble attemp...