Wednesday, May 13, 2009

For Me

I’m studying Hebrews in my Bible study.

In Hebrews 2 it talks about Jesus as man. Whenever people would teach on or talk about Jesus as man, they would say something along the lines of “because Jesus was a man as well as God and suffered and was tempted, He can understand me and my troubles.”

And it hit me.

God did not need to come down to earth and be a man to understand my troubles and trials. He already understood all too well and came down to show me how much He understands. He knew that humans needed to see Him as a man so our little brains could comprehend that He does identify with us.

Don’t think I am saying if we understood, He wouldn’t have come down as man. For it says in Hebrews 2:14b-15 “For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had the power of death. Only in this way could he set free all who have lived their lives as slaves to the fear of dying.”

He had to become human to save us but not to fully understand us. He created us.

Also in Hebrews 6:17 & 18, “God also bound himself with an oath, so that those who received the promise could be perfectly sure that he would never change his mind. . . . it is impossible for God to lie. . .”

If it is impossible for God to lie, then He need only to say something for it to come to pass. If He says He is going to do something, it will be done. He does not need to make an oath. But He knows man well and knows that man needs the oath to be sure. God does not need the oath to keep his promises as man would.

I just think this is all so neat how God does things He doesn’t need to do prove to man and to me that He understands and will keep His promises.

Not for Him but for me.

God goes the extra mile.

No comments:

Tuesday Tidbits: GARDEN NEWS & REMINDER

Once again, I’m going to try to grow a vegetable/fruit garden. I think I’m a glutton for punishment, but I was excited that my feeble attemp...