Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Tuesday Tidbits: 2021 WRITING GOALS

It’s time for me to set my 2021 goals. I won’t bore you with all of them, because they are many. I set not only big goals but small ones as well. Most of my goals are writing ones as I only have myself to keep me on task and on target.

Here we go!

~~ I will Finish Writing Mrs. Witherspoon Goes to War Novel.
    

 

  The deadline for this novel is July 1, 2021, so I must finish it. I have 50k (really rough draft) of the 75-80k the completed novel needs to be. This is a historical romance WWII novel about a WASP (Women Airforce Service Pilots). Peggy is a WASP ferrying military aircraft stateside. She overhears the plight of three soldiers held by rebels in a remote part of Cuba. When no mission is planned to retrieve them, Peggy and her gal pal pilots set out to rescue them against orders.


~~ I will Finish Writing Quilting Circle book 5, The Lady’s Mission.
 


    This novel is due to my publisher in the second half of 2021, so I must finish it. I have 5k of the 83-85k the completed novel needs to be. Last year, this novel was an alternate for one of my goals. I had it titled The Benefactress’s Mission but have changed it to The Lady’s Mission. That is so much easier to say.

 

~~ I will Read & Edit 1st-Cousin-Once-Removed Mary Linn’s Novel.
    I received a copy and permission to edit and publish this book written in the 90s by my 1st cousin once removed Mary Linn. She has since passed away and her sister, Sarah, had a copy of it sitting in her garage. Sarah didn’t want it to be discarded some years down the road when no one would know what it was or who wrote it. So, she passed it on to me to with it whatever I want. I haven’t read it yet, so I have no idea what the story is about. I think it will be a fun discovery.
 

~~ I will Participate in NaNoWriMo in November.

NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month. Each year in November, thousands of writers all over the world make a mad dash to write 50,000 words in 30 days. That’s a lot of words and there’s a bit of a holiday in there, but it can be done. I’ve won some years and haven’t others. Notice my goal says “participate” not win. If I write 50,000 words or less than 50,000 words, I can still meet this goal by participating. In 2020, I wrote the 50k rough words for my first goal, Mrs. Witherspoon Goes to War. This sets me up for less stress to get it completed before the deadline.
    On a similar note, I also plan to participate in CampNaNoWriMo in April and July. By setting your own goal, those are low pressure and a lot of fun. A good way to get started with NaNoWriMo.
 

~~ I will Complete the ENGLISCHER COURTSHIP series proposal.
    This proposal has been up and down. I was about to start it and then life happened. I was going to start it again, but I couldn’t quite fit it into my writing schedule. Then last year, I reworked what little I had started and reworked the idea for a different publisher than I had originally thought it for. That publisher passed, so now I’m going to rework it to fit with the original publisher. I need to get this one completed in January. Depending on the exact deadline for The Lady’s Mission, I’ll see if book 1 in the Englischer Courtship series will be a good candidate to write for NaNoWriMo.

Two others I mentioned last year that I want to keep in the forefront of my mind are:
~~ I will Complete HHH Posts by the 10th of Each Month.

     I contribute to the Heroes, Heroines, and History blog (HHH) once a month. I’m usually working on my post right up until the deadline. It’s stressful waiting until the last minute. By pushing up the deadline by about a week, I’m hoping to not be so stressed. I did manage to schedule my post before the 10th a couple of times in 2020, and it was a lot less stressful. I’m hoping to do better this year.
 

~~ I will Post/Market 1 or More Books in FB Groups Each Week.
    I need to keep up with marketing. Marketing not something I like doing nor does it come easy.

~~One of my non-writing goals is, I will Walk 20 Minutes 3 Times a Week or More.
    I listed this one last year but want to continue to aim for this. As an author, I do a LOT of sitting. I keep telling myself, that I’ll walk, but before I know it, the sun has set and I’ve hardly moved. NOT GOOD. I chose 3 days a week, even though I want it to be more, because I figure that even on a busy week or if something else comes up, I can still succeed.

I hope you all are successful in meeting your goals in 2021. =0)

Now All 3 QUILTING CIRCLE Books are Available in Audio, as well as Kindle and paperback!

Book 1: THE WIDOW’S PLIGHT

A single mother steps out of the shadows of abuse and into the sunshine. But will a secret clouding her past cost her the man she loves?

LISTEN to chapter 1 here: https://youtu.be/qaUG-sN6Y_k

Audible: https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Widows-Plight-Audiobook/B088HJLH4J?qid=1607878778&sr=1-1&ref=a_search_c3_lProduct_1_1&pf_rd_p=83218cca-c308-412f-bfcf-90198b687a2f&pf_rd_r=2EJ4RS5E9G3AJ55XJ6T1

FREE Preview: http://a.co/1riJfrA

FREE on Kindle Unlimited: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CV4XDLH/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_XaM.DbMKBGBG1

#TheWidowsPlight

 

Book 2: THE DAUGHTER’S PREDICAMENT (Placed 2nd in the Selah Awards)

As Isabelle’s romance prospects are turning in her favor, a family scandal derails her dreams. Can a patient love win her heart? Or will a forced marriage be the end of her romantic dreams?

LISTEN to chapter 1 here: https://youtu.be/fMWDBA4NFeo

Audible: https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Daughters-Predicament-Audiobook/B08GD3DNRH?qid=1607878923&sr=1-1&ref=a_search_c3_lProduct_1_1&pf_rd_p=83218cca-c308-412f-bfcf-90198b687a2f&pf_rd_r=BFNBV5BDHHTPP1576QH8

FREE Preview: http://a.co/4UXlRN5

FREE on Kindle Unlimited: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NQZVNWY/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_WcM.DbRBRKVQ9

#TheDaughtersPredicament


Book 3: THE DAMSEL'S INTENT 

Can Nicole learn to be enough of a lady to snag the handsome rancher? Nicole Waterby heads down the mountain to fetch herself a husband, not realizing women don’t wear trousers or carry a gun. She has a lot to learn. 

LISTEN to chapter 1 here: https://youtu.be/fqqq60WVZGk

Audible: https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Damsels-Intent-Audiobook/B08PVXT28F?qid=1607878644&sr=1-1&ref=a_search_c3_lProduct_1_1&pf_rd_p=83218cca-c308-412f-bfcf-90198b687a2f&pf_rd_r=PTVMYSYX8MMHZ9P1W2DR

FREE Preview: https://a.co/7xbqxVk

FREE on Kindle Unlimited: https://www.amazon.com/Damsels-Intent-Quilting-Circle-Book-ebook/dp/B089DTXDCN/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=The+Damsel%27s+Intent&qid=1590863747&s=books&sr=1-2

#TheDamselsIntent #HistoricalRomance #FreeKU #KU #ChristianRomance

 

Book 4: THE DÉBUTANTE’S SECRET releases August 2021

When a fancy French lady steps off the train and into Deputy Montana’s arms, his simple life might not be enough anymore.

#ChristianRomance #HistoricalRomance #Romance


MARY DAVIS is a bestselling, award-winning novelist of over two dozen titles in both historical and contemporary themes. Her latest release is THE DAMSEL’S INTENT (The Quilting Circle Book 3). The Quilting Circle Book 4, The Dèbutante's Secret, will release August of 2021. Some of her other recent titles include; "Holly and Ivy" in A Bouquet of Brides CollectionCourting Her Amish HeartThe Widow’s PlightCourting Her Secret Heart , “Zola’s Cross-Country Adventure” in The MISSAdventure Brides Collection , and Courting Her Prodigal Heart . 2019 titles include The Daughter's Predicament and "Bygones" in Thimbles and Threads. She is a member of ACFW and active in critique groups.
Mary lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband of over thirty-six years and one cat. She has three adult children and three incredibly adorable grandchildren. Find her online at:

No comments:

Tuesday Tidbits: GARDEN NEWS & REMINDER

Once again, I’m going to try to grow a vegetable/fruit garden. I think I’m a glutton for punishment, but I was excited that my feeble attemp...