Friday, January 26, 2018

INTO THE WILD WEST

I was born and raised in Washington State and love it when I can set a story in my home state. I’ve lived away from here for over three decades and have recently returned. It’s good to be back.
I chose Ellensburg because that’s where I attended college. Go Wildcats! I recently visited Ellensburg. Boy has it changed.
Holly Harrison and her sister start out in Maryland and travel by train to Washington State. Quite an ordeal for two young, single ladies traveling alone into the Wild West. It was fun to briefly explore what a cross-country trip like this might have entailed and some of the other passengers around them. Fortunately for them, Nick Andrews happens upon them early in their journey and takes pity on these two foolish ladies traveling unaccompanied and takes it upon himself to protect them from ne’er-do-wells.
Once to their destination, the remainder of the story takes place on a cattle ranch with all men who are more than appreciative for their cooking abilities. There are cattle ranches all around the Ellensburg area, so it seemed fitting for Nick to run one.

 “Holly & Ivy,” my #HistoricalRomance novella in A #BouquetOfBrides, is set in Ellensburg, Washington State in 1890. This story follows a pair of sisters from the East Coast to a cattle ranch in the Wild West. Holly’s impetuous younger sister has agreed to be a Christmas mail-order bride. They are helped by a gallant stranger.

In celebration of the release of “Holly & Ivy”, I’m giving away (US only) a print copy of A BOUQUET OF BRIDES Collection. To enter, subscribe to my newsletter and receive a free short story. I’ll be drawing for the book at the end of January.
  
#BouquetOfBrides
#ChristianRomance #HistoricalRomance #Romance


MARY DAVIS is an award-winning novelist of over two dozen titles in both historical and contemporary themes. She has four more titles releasing in 2018; Courting Her Amish Heart in March 2018, The Widow’s Plight in July 2018, Courting Her Secret Heart (Working Title) September 2018, & “Zola’s Cross-Country Adventure” in MISSAdventure Brides Collection in December 2018. She is a member of ACFW and active in critique groups.
Mary lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband of over thirty-three years and two cats. She has three adult children and one incredibly adorable grandchild. Find her online at:

No comments:

Tuesday Tidbits: GARDEN NEWS & REMINDER

Once again, I’m going to try to grow a vegetable/fruit garden. I think I’m a glutton for punishment, but I was excited that my feeble attemp...