Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year!

My husband and I spent last night at my sister and brother-in-law's house to ring in the new year. We had a lot of fun playing dominoes and cards, then we watched (on TV) the fireworks show over the Space Needle. A beautiful display!

In 2018, I'm focusing on connecting with my readers and wanted to take this opportunity give a rundown of what I plan to do this year on my blog. I hope to post 1-3 times a week.

In January, I'm posting a special series for my latest release, "Holly & Ivy" in A Bouquet of Brides Collection. "For 7 bachelors this bouquet of brides means a happily ever after." Each of the authors in this collection have written posts about different aspects of our novella. I'm hosting all the posts about our heroes. Last week, I posted the first two and will be posting those on Wednesdays and Fridays. I, in turn, will have a guest post on each of the other author's blogs with a different aspect; heroine, setting, history, inspiration, villain, and take-away. Once those are posted, I'll finish out the month by posting those on my blog as well.

In February, I plan to get back to my Tuesday Tidbit. These will be a little of this and a little of that. Some times these will be things I'm researching for an upcoming novel or novella, or something in my writer's life, or ponderings, or whatever else hits my fancy. I also want to start ThrowBackList Thursday. This is where I'll feature a book from my backlist or another author's backlist.

Then during the second half of the year, I'd like to start Fiction Friday. This will be a short chapter of a short story or a novella, so one chapter would be posted each week. Right now I have several deadlines and can't fit in writing these shorter pieces. But, if I locate a novella or short story in the dark recesses of my computer that I can edit quickly, I may start that earlier.

Happy 2018!

Please subscribe to my blog to receive the week's posts in your inbox every Friday.

In celebration of the release of “Holly & Ivy”, I’m giving away (US only) a print copy of A BOUQUET OF BRIDES Collection. To enter, subscribe to my newsletter and receive a free short story. I’ll be drawing for the book at the end of January.

#ChristianRomance #HistoricalRomance #Romance #BouquetOfBrides

MARY DAVIS is an award-winning novelist of over two dozen titles in both historical and contemporary themes. She has four more titles releasing in 2018; Courting Her Amish Heart in March 2018, The Widow’s Plight in July 2018, Courting Her Secret Heart (Working Title) September 2018, & “Zola’s Cross-Country Adventure” in MISSAdventure Brides Collection in December 2018. She is a member of ACFW and active in critique groups.

Mary lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband of over thirty-three years and two cats. She has three adult children and one incredibly adorable grandchild. FB: Mary Davis READERS Group

No comments:

Tuesday Tidbits: GARDEN NEWS & REMINDER

Once again, I’m going to try to grow a vegetable/fruit garden. I think I’m a glutton for punishment, but I was excited that my feeble attemp...