Friday, January 12, 2018

Peter Maltby the hero in In Sheep’s Clothing

I really love writing the hero. He’s my favorite character to shape and mold into a story. Why? I guess it’s the challenge of presenting the opposite sex in a realistic and compelling way. Let’s face it, men and women are vastly different no matter what the current culture is trying to tell us. Getting those heroes into the story in a way that makes them seen real, and not contrived by a woman, is a challenge I enjoy.

Enter Peter Maltby, hero of “In Sheep’s Clothing.” Peter was difficult for me at first because he comes on the scene with a load of baggage. Even I didn’t realize how bad it was until I was a couple of chapter into the story. At first, he’s a bit of a braggart, a bit of an opportunist, and a bit of a charlatan. One might even wonder if there’s much to like about this man. Don’t worry, it doesn’t take too long to not only warm up to him but find yourself rooting for him. Oh—I can’t say any more about that here. You’ll have to read the book!

To celebrate the release of A Bouquet of Brides collection and my story, “In Sheep’s Clothing,” I’m giving away one of my signature shawls. To enter, subscribe to my newsletter. I’ll be drawing for The Meadowsweet Shawl at the end of January.

Facebook 
Twitter 
Goodreads
Google+
PeggThomas.com




Pegg Thomas lives on a hobby farm in Northern Michigan with Michael, her husband of *mumble* years. A life-long history geek, she writes “History with a Touch of Humor.” When not working or writing, Pegg can be found in her barn, her garden, her kitchen, or sitting at her spinning wheel creating yarn to turn into her signature wool shawls.

2 comments:

Pegg Thomas said...

Thank you for letting me invade your blog today, Mary.

Becky said...

Thank you for highlighting Pegg! I'm looking forward to reading her story in the collection, and have enjoyed each blog she appears on.

Tuesday Tidbits: GARDEN NEWS & REMINDER

Once again, I’m going to try to grow a vegetable/fruit garden. I think I’m a glutton for punishment, but I was excited that my feeble attemp...