Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Wordy Wednesday: FOIST

This week’s word is FOIST
Verb [with object] (foist someone/something on/into)
~Impose an unwelcome or unnecessary  person or thing on: Don’t foist inferior products on others.
~Introduce someone or something surreptitiously or unwarrantably into: He tried to foist a new candidate into the race.

It comes from a Dutch word from the mid 16th century.


So why do I like this word? Again, I like the way it sounds. I look forward to seeing how I can use foist in one of my stories.


“Holly & Ivy,” my #HistoricalRomance novella in A #BouquetOfBrides, takes place
in 1890, in Washington State. It’s about a young woman who accompanies her impetuous younger sister on her trip across the country to be a Christmas mail-order bride and is helped by a gallant stranger. 

#BouquetOfBrides
#ChristianRomance #HistoricalRomance #Romance

MARY DAVIS is an award-winning novelist of over two dozen titles in both historical and contemporary themes. She has five titles releasing in 2018; "Holly & Ivy" in A Bouquet of Brides Collection in January 2018, Courting Her Amish Heart in March 2018, The Widow’s Plight in July 2018, Courting Her Secret Heart (Working Title) September 2018, & “Zola’s Cross-Country Adventure” in MISSAdventure Brides Collection in December 2018. She is a member of ACFW and active in critique groups.
Mary lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband of over thirty-three years and two cats. She has three adult children and one incredibly adorable grandchild. Find her online at:
Newsletter          Blog          FB          FB Readers Group          Pinterest          Amazon          GoodReads          FictionFinder          BookBub

No comments:

Tuesday Tidbits: GARDEN NEWS & REMINDER

Once again, I’m going to try to grow a vegetable/fruit garden. I think I’m a glutton for punishment, but I was excited that my feeble attemp...