Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Wordy Wednesday: PLETHORA

PLETHORA
noun-
a very large amount of something, esp. a larger amount than you want, need, or can deal with.

a plethora of excuses/shoes/junk

Why do I like this word? I'm not sure. I like the way it sounds. Just saying it gives the idea of what it means. I like to learn new words for the more common ones. I like it better when I can pronounce them, like plethora.

I love it when I can use it in one of my novels. I could find a plethora of uses for plethora, but this is a powerful word and shouldn't be used more than once in a novel, unless it's a pet word of a character.

I have a plethora of fabric. Did I say that out loud? How can any one have too much fabric. I love fabric, love working with it, love creating with it. I do have more than I can deal with right now, but one day soon, I'll get to play with my fabric again.

What do you have a plethora of?



“Holly & Ivy,” my #HistoricalRomance novella in A #BouquetOfBrides, takes place in 1890, in Washington State. It’s about a young woman who accompanies her impetuous younger sister on her trip across the country to be a Christmas mail-order bride and is helped by a gallant stranger. 

#BouquetOfBrides
#ChristianRomance #HistoricalRomance #Romance

MARY DAVIS is an award-winning novelist of over two dozen titles in both historical and contemporary themes. She has five titles releasing in 2018; "Holly & Ivy" in A Bouquet of Brides Collection in January 2018, Courting Her Amish Heart in March 2018, The Widow’s Plight in July 2018, Courting Her Secret Heart (Working Title) September 2018, & “Zola’s Cross-Country Adventure” in MISSAdventure Brides Collection in December 2018. She is a member of ACFW and active in critique groups.
Mary lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband of over thirty-three years and two cats. She has three adult children and one incredibly adorable grandchild. Find her online at:

No comments:

Tuesday Tidbits: GARDEN NEWS & REMINDER

Once again, I’m going to try to grow a vegetable/fruit garden. I think I’m a glutton for punishment, but I was excited that my feeble attemp...